Friday, December 9, 2011

The Video Production Studio

Now that all the Arts and Craft Shows are over for the season, I am having a great time working on my Video Workshop, Mini Treasure Box of Dreams, for STITCHED.  I'm not a very good multitasker, so I am enjoying being able to focus all my attention on the workshop.  I cleaned out my art room, hung my work,  moved my desk to the center of the room and have been filming ever sense.  I'm not sure how many hours of footage I have.  I thought I would have a hard time seeing myself on the screen, but I'm getting used to it.  I've also learned a few tricks, like using my son's giant teddy bear as a stand in so I can focus the camera.  He tends to slouch a bit more than me, but it seems to be working.
I'm very glad that we aren't doing any entertaining this holiday season because I don't think I would let anyone except my very closest friends into my house at the moment.  As you can see the window seat and a good portion of the living room is filled with the contents of my art room.  The kids have found a bit of room for displaying the Lego and Playmobile advent calendars.  The also decorated the piano with our collection of snow globes and filled their own rooms with lights.  This year I am just going with the flow and accepting their contributions with lots of love.  No picture perfect Christmas this year.  Instead, I'm going for the perfect video workshop--an artist has to have priorities!

1 comment:

Sequana said...

You have no idea how excited I am about these workshops. Your little boxes will surely be one of the first ones I try.

In the meantime, Happy Holidays!