Tuesday, December 13, 2011


The video is done!  Or at least I think it is.  I had thought I was done filming Sunday night, but when I listened to the edits in a quiet house yesterday morning I heard little voices in the background.  Luckily, it was only a short segment and didn't involve sewing or painting.  It did take me three tries to get that few minutes of footage though.  The first time, somehow, the top of my head wasn't in the frame.  Then the phone rang right in the middle of the take.  Finally on the third try, everything turned out great.  I'm so happy to be able to wear different clothes today.  I finished editing and adding little touches to the film yesterday.  Now, I'm just waiting for my husband to watch the whole thing to make sure there isn't anything weird that I missed after watching the whole thing too many times.  My oldest daughter also started watching it last night.  She made it through a segment and a half before bed time -- "Mom, I have to finish!  I need to know what happens with the fabric paper!"

Above it my stack of supplies left over.  I didn't use most of the paints I pulled out, but I always like to have a lot of choices when painting fabric or making fabric paper.  I now have a nice selection of painted, quilted fabric and fabric paper in purple and orange.  You can also see on the far left my pile of boxes.  I think I made six in the process of filming.  Another result of my suppressed perfectionist tendencies.  I had so much fun during the process!  

Yesterday, I also took a sneak peak at some of the other videos on the Stitched website.  It is going to be so much fun.  They were great!

No comments: